Monday, May 18, 2009

Diving off the High Platform















BREATHE!!
That's what I keep telling myself.

We have been so busy these last weeks. First Dutch's cousin Marvin came from Iowa just because, then our favorite son in law came from Kansas to hook us up with a Mac so we can video chat with them (I know..... they make cameras for the PC as well, it was just time for an upgrade and we talked ourselves right into this one), then my favorite sister Birgit came from Seattle. Great times were had with everyone, thankfully not at the same time.

I've already told you about some of this and I've talked about Dutch's "newest adventures" with his heart. This just means more trips to the hospital to keep tabs on him, but not as an inpatient, but like today, for tests and check-ups. It keeps me on my toes and from getting bored. (ha!!)

We are so thankful that Dutch is doing so well although his strength varies from day to day. The doctor told him he needs to walk, so he refuses the wheelchair and insists on walking. Good for him, actually!!! If you remember, he had some trauma to his groin after the last angioplasty and because of it's location, we are still trying to get that to heal completely. We have a wonderful home visiting nurse who comes to help me with his care
. When she was working on him recently, I said: hold still, I want to get a picture!!

As you can see, we got a PICTURE!!!
All in good fun of course and it was great to get a huge laugh out of it when I showed her the picture today.

On the store front, we are down to less than two weeks!! We can't even believe that. There are still so many details to consider and take care of and remember and I am so thankful that Dutch is still here and his mind is clear, so he can have a part in it. We have sold a lot of our cabinets already but still have all of our wonderful Plexiglas units left. The new owners can't use them and it is such a shame because they were custom built with much care and love. I have a sneaking suspicion that they might wind up in our garage. Many of the book shelves are going to a new book store and we are so happy about that. Now we still need to find good homes for the remaining ones. It is so very strange to walk around the store and see how empty it is. It seems like it was just yesterday when we moved in.
On the 30th the walls are coming down and I'm sending out word to anyone who would be willing to help unscrew a lot of screws.









And you wonder what diving off the high platform has to do with all of this? The other day, when I was on overwhelm, I thought this must be what it is like to dive off the high platform and hold your breath too soon and then run out of air before you even hit the water. But God is our refuge and our strength and He supplies me with all the air I need.
Aren't we blessed?

1 comment:

CindyLous News said...

Wow! The name of your blog struck my core! My Mom passed on nearly 3 years ago. During her passing, my sister and Mom's favorite nurse were with her reading Psalms and telling her to say hi to Jesus for me.

God bless you on this next part of your journey. I want to share with you about our journey down a similar road.

My husband was diagnosed with MS in 1999, just before we were to get married. In the following 7-8 years, he didn't improve but when his condition worsened, it was gradual. About 2 years ago, he started on a steep decline. Just before Christmas 2007, he was sleeping approximately 22 hours each day. I would awaken him to eat & he would fall back to sleep almost immediately. On December 21st, he asked me to bring him his computer, thumb drive and the checkbook. He said that he wanted to update everything for me "just in case."

I think we have all heard that phrase and we know what it means! Praise God! I had an appointment and had to leave the house just a few minutes after he asked for those things. As soon as I was out of the driveway, I called and started a prayer chain. I returned home an hour later and he said he felt better and was hungry!

A couple of days later, a dear friend of ours came and told us that we had been going about this all wrong! He said,"What did Jesus do when He prayed? He fasted! We need to fast & pray and go to a healing service (on January 6th)."

Well, we had never fasted in our lives but we agreed. We all got together each day and prayed the healing scriptures. On January 6th, we went to the 3:00 PM healing service. The music began. The praise and worship began. And people around the church began to get words of knowledge about someone with numbness, weakness, no balance. Someone whispered into my husband's ear that he was being delivered from Multiple Sclerosis!

At 3:45 PM he was standing in the aisle! He touched my cheek and tears ran down his cheek. He had never felt my skin before with his right hand! Then our Pastor came over and asked his what he could do now that he could not do when he came in. Well, he lifted his right leg. At first it hesitated and then it popped up! Then he checked his balance. Tried walking up stairs without his cane - at first it was slow and then he got faster. After the third time, he jumped off the stage and began to run the building!

He is healed. We've been back to Mayo Clinic and they can't figure it out, but we know!

All this to say, don't give up! God is in the miracle business and if you believe and hang on longer than you think you can, he can deliver your sweet husband from his disease, too!

In His service,
Cindy Key