Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wow how time flies






It occurred to me how I haven't posted in a very long time. It's not that nothing has happened, but perhaps because I felt that no one was reading this anyway. But in case you are reading it and would like to be updated, and of course, to give myself a platform to share our lives and thoughts with, I'll start up again.

You won't be reading anything about Yarn Lady any longer, because that time in our lives is over and like it or not, we have moved on. We miss the many friends we made through YL, but friends are forever, right?

Caitlyn and her parents were here this summer and we had great times together and a very tearful goodbye. There are still signs of her presence around our house which I can't remove until they come back and create new ones. We miss them so.

Dutch has had his share of episodes from having cancer removed from his ear, to just recently having a tooth pulled to having his pulse go way high, to just having water seep from his arm. Although he has gone downhill a lot, he is still with us, and we enjoy and thank God for each day that He gives us.

I have to get used to sharing again... and there is so much to catch up on.
Right now we have to figure out what might sound good for Dutch to have for dinner. He has no appetite but has to eat something nutritious and without salt. He has never been one to experiment with food, and at this time in his life, he's not to keen on starting with different versions of things. Perhaps some finger food? Sweet potato oven baked fries? A salad?

Stay tuned......


1 comment:

Kjirstin Youngberg said...

Hi, Gabby-It's so random that I found your blog today, I know it's meant to be. ;) I was picking up Christmas gifts, scattered all over the house by our grandson, who came over for New Year's. One gift was a furry stuffed guinea pig from my sister; a toy one to remember the many guinea pigs we'd raised over the years...and I remembered Spartacus, who was attacked by a large dog while all the neighborhood children-and my own-watched in horror. I saw it was too late for a vet, and did all I could for him. I cradled him in my lap, and gently stroked him as I put pressure on his jugular veins so he could go quickly. The children never knew. I spoke gently, and told him, "Say 'Hi' to Jesus from me" and the children said their goodbyes. I told them it wasn't the dogs fault-that he was only doing what he was born to do, and it was a beautiful moment of love and forgiveness. I hope you and Dutch know you are loved, and part of God's plan, too. May you both be blessed today.